Wearing a wig seems an easy way to make a new look. With more girls becoming its fans, we can easily see wonderful colored wigs on the street. They are so attractive that no girl can resist and really want to try. However, we have to keep in mind that colored wigs need proper care to keep the bright color from fading. Or the orginal new wig may become dry, brittle and frizzy. Following let’s see 9 tips which can help us maintain ideal color longer.
1. Avoid too hot water when you wash it. This will help to seal the cuticle and make the color last longer. I know it is tough, but it’ll definitely pay off in the long run.
2. Rinse it with cold water. A hot shower relaxes our body, but it is not good for the colorful wig. Generally speaking, the hotter the water is, the more the dye wig will fade. It will also make it easy to become dry and dull. So please remember use cold water for your beloved wig.
3. Avoid washing your wig too often. Actually, the less frequent you wash your wig, the more you can preserve its color. For summer day, a dry shampoo maybe a good choice to help embrace a 4 or 5 days.
4. Choose the proper shampoo and conditioner are also important, especially those made for colored wigs. Sulfate free shampoo and conditioners with extra moisturizing are no doubt your best friends.
5. Use a wig-comb to protect your wig from breakage, when it is wet.
6. Try to avoid heat styling tools, such as blow dryer, flat iron, and curling iron. For occasions you have to, do not forget to spray on heat protectant product. This will somehow minimize the damage to your wig.
7. Protect your wig color from the harsh rays of the sun. Use UV protectant can both save your color and prevent fast fade.
8. Chlorinated, and salt water also cause dry and damaged the wig during the summer months.
9. Last but not least. Please do not color your wig frequently and repeatedly. Rest it for a few months before dying again.
More people are reading:
Top 4 Hot Sale Wigs You will Love